Together we can create a birth experience that is enjoyable, positive, and above all, the safest that it can be!
Choosing to have a Labour Doula present at your birth can be one of the most beneficial investments you will ever make. We work one-on-one with you and your partner to ensure you are well informed about the options that are available to you during labour. More importantly, we take pride in building strong, trusting relationships with our clients so we can seamlessly meet their needs once their big day arrives. Having a trained birth professional at your side throughout your labour can be extremely reassuring. Doulas are experienced in all aspects of birth support and have a deep appreciation for what the labouring mother needs.
Doulas support dads and partners too! Not only do we work diligently to ensure the mother has a positive and empowering birth experience, we know the father or partner is also going through a life-changing transition and can truly benefit from having a trained birth professional at their side. Seeing your spouse or partner in labour can be an intense experience, making it difficult to remember all the different positions and advice reviewed in a childbirth class at an earlier date.
We work closely with both parents during the birth to ensure they have the tools they need for optimal comfort and are well supported as a team. Doulas cannot replace the loving relationship you have with your spouse, but as trained birth professionals, we are able to “Help Dad Help You.” This can include making simple suggestions such as position changes and hands-on pain relief techniques which make it much easier to change gears when necessary. Our goal is to help assist in creating a birth experience that is enjoyable, positive and above all, the safest that it can be!
Some services include:
- Prenatal review of the labour process, extensive birth preparation handout and links to other resources;
- Prenatal review of pain management options (natural and pharmaceutical);
- Breastfeeding preparation, information and support;
- Assistance in preparing a Birth Plan;
- Review of possible medical interventions and a discussion of the pros and cons of each;
- Discussion of fears and concerns;
- Vaginal Birth After Caesarean (VBAC) review and support;
- Tips for dads and partners on how to help and support the mother during labour;
- Suggestions for a more comfortable pregnancy and birth;
- Telephone support and advice throughout pregnancy and immediate postpartum;
- Massage and other alternative pain relief measures during labour;
- Ensuring breastfeeding is established in the immediate postpartum;
- Continuous, uninterrupted support throughout labour, birth and the immediate postpartum;
- Labour and birth positioning suggestions for comfort and labour progress
- Written record of the entire labour and birth; and,
- Photographs or videotape of labour, birth and/or new baby.
All Labour Plans are individually tailored to each family. Pricing will vary based on the services selected for each plan. We would love to chat more about your specific needs.